Does your garden have surfaces with steep and prominent slopes?
Then you need a robot lawnmower for slopes that can overcome them effortlessly.
Among the automatic lawn mowers for the care of the lawn in your garden, some models are specially designed for hills and slopes.
These are machines capable of dealing with gradients of up to 50%, making them suitable for complex green spaces with a demanding surface.
Such kinds of robotic lawnmowers are characterized by some specific elements, which allow the machine to overcome steep climbs and descents without great difficulty.
For example, these models usually have two or four drive wheels, almost always large and equipped with a tread, to guarantee perfect grip in any condition.
They also have extremely powerful lithium-ion batteries, which ensure high performance and a perfect cut even on steep slopes.
To avoid damage, many lawnmowers in this category are equipped with the latest generation of intelligent sensors.
This protects the machine from excessive lifting and overturning and guiding the robot's navigation to find the best and safest path in all areas of the garden.
In this post, we give you 2 of the best robot lawn mower for hills and slopes so that you can select the one that best suits the needs of your terrain.
Two of the Best Robot Lawn Mower for Hills and Slopes
1. Husqvarna Automower 450X
One of the best robotic lawnmowers for gardens with steep slopes is the Husqvarna Automower 450X, a model that can easily overcome gradients of up to 45%.
It is designed for large areas up to a maximum of 1.25 acres.
- Traction — The 2 large drive wheels ensure perfect grip in any situation, guaranteeing a clean and precise cut even on uphill and downhill sections.
- Technology — This model features advanced technologies, including the Connect system that allows you to control the robot directly from your smartphone, as well as extremely accurate GPS navigation.
- Consumption — The machine has reduced consumption compared to the performance it offers, just 18 kWh, and it is also possible to use the ECO function to save energy in less demanding areas.
- Noisiness — At only 58 dB, this mower is one of the quietest in its class, plus the Ultra-silent system, which further reduces noise during operation.
How Does It Work?
The operation of this Husqvarna lawnmower requires a minimum of practice, especially to become familiar with the sophisticated drive and control systems.
Let's see some practical tricks that will always guarantee optimal performance.
- The perimeter wire must be carefully installed along all the edges of the garden, excluding any areas not to be covered.
- Although regular maintenance isn't required, it is important to clean the machine regularly, eliminating grass residues in the lower part of the body to avoid unnecessary weight, which could reduce its performance.
- The blades must be replaced whenever the cut is less precise.
- To optimize performance in steep slopes, it is advisable to use the division into garden zones.
Specifically adjusting the cutting height for these areas and turning off the silent operation and energy-saving functions.
Why Should You Buy Husqvarna Automower 450X?
The Auto-mower 450X has received many positive reviews, confirming itself as one of the best mowers today.
Particularly appreciated are the performances, the technology, the satellite navigation system, the robustness, and the silence.
2. Worx WR150 Landroid L 20V
The Worx WR150 Landroid L 20V is an excellent latest generation robotic lawnmower.
A machine designed for gardens with slopes up to 35%, with surfaces up to a maximum of an acre.
It features a modern and attractive design, has powerful lithium-ion batteries, and a speed adaptable to the type of terrain.
- Advanced AIA navigation technology — Once the basic adjustments have been made, the robot is able to move independently, thanks to the advanced navigation system, which calculates the routes even to the narrow spaces.
- Cut to edge function — To improve cutting efficiency, this robotic lawn mower has a lateral cutting system that reaches the edges to continue cutting and leaving only 2.5 cm of distance.
- Speed — In addition to climbing slopes of up to 35%, this machine features a speed modulation system, which allows you to self-adjust performance based on the conditions and slope of the turf surface.
- Accessories — This model boasts a wide range of standard equipment, including a perimeter wire, a pack of nails and pegs for fixing.
How Does It Work?
One of the advantages of this Worx model is the advanced technology, a significant advantage for simplifying the driving and operation of the appliance.
However, you need to ensure everything is okay for it to work efficiently.
See what you can do below.
- Before starting the machine, it is necessary to bury the guide-wire along all the perimeter borders of the garden, separating the different cutting areas to help the lawnmower easily find its way.
- The two-wheel drive and the powerful batteries allow it to tackle slopes up to 35%.
At the same time, you have to make sure that there are no areas with greater differences in height and possibly exclude them for safety reasons.
- The lawnmower is equipped with particularly efficient sensors and safety systems.
However, it is advisable to start the machine at times when there are no small children, especially if not under close supervision by an adult.
- You can use its mobile app to make adjustments easily.
With the app, you can control it from anywhere and send it to work.
In addition, it has a timer.
Therefore, you can make it go to work even when you are not at home.
Why Should You Buy Worx WR150 Landroid L 20V?
Most of the reviews on the Worx WR150 Landroid L 20V robot are quite positive.
Many customers have appreciated the design of this model, its sturdy and compact body, the advanced features, and the high ability to operate on hills and slopes.
Spending time to know all the characteristics of the models that interest you the most is vital.
Depending on the model you decide to buy, you will see that the maximum incline that it can support is expressed in degrees or percentages.
Likewise, it is also important to find the best offers in the sector to be able to take advantage of promotions, discounts, and reduced prices.
I have created a list of popular robot mowers capable of covering one acre or more of land based on the manufacturers' information.
You would have thought that with the rapid advancements in technology over recent years that someone would of at least invented a robot lawnmower with grass collector.
Lawns that are roughly 0.25 acres in size and above can be hectic to keep in good shape. Robot mowers can handle larger yards effortlessly. See which mower is suitable for your needs!
While you generally expect a physical remote to come with a remote-controlled lawnmower, the new "remote controller" is not an actual push-button remote.
More owners are looking for robot lawn mowers with WiFi connectivity because most homes have WiFi. Here are the best robotic lawn mowers with WiFi.
Here, we will explicitly discuss everything about robot lawn mowers and their latest type: a robot lawn mower with GPS without perimeter wire.